Sunday 1 March 2015

Super Quick Gluten Free Mixed Berry Muffins

These mixed berry muffins are gluten free and soya free.  The original recipe was from my son's school cookery book from when he was in year seven, so they are designed to be easy to make and are idea for when you want a quick treat.  I just tweaked the recipe slightly to make them gluten free.

Ingredients:

                  250g GF SR flour
                  1tsp baking powder
                  1tsp xanthan gum
                  100g caster sugar
                  2 eggs
                  60ml oil
                  150g frozen mixed berries

Method:

                These couldn't be easier, place everything except the fruit into a mixing bowl and mix (I used my mixer, you could use a hand held electric mixer, or do it by hand) don't worry if the mix is a bit lumpy, I have heard that the best muffins are made with lumpy mixture and so these are ideal to let the kids loose with.

               Add in the frozen berries and just stir by hand gently to combine so that they're spread throughout the batter.

              Place your cases into a muffin tin and spoon in your mixture, I made 12 with these measurements, and filled them about 3/4 full.

            Put into a pre-heated oven on gas mark 4 for 30 minutes.  Check they are cooked by skewering, if it comes out clean, then they're cooked.

            Allow to cool on a cooling rack, or enjoy warm with some vanilla ice-cream if you can't wait!      

The mixed berries can be swapped out for any fruit you want, you can use frozen, tinned, dried or fresh.



I hope you enjoy, I made these to take to my sisters and even though neither my sister or mum are GF they both said how lovely they were.

Lupin Girl x
     

No comments:

Post a Comment