Thursday 5 March 2015

Bakewell Tart Recipe

I made this a few weeks back and it was a big hit with R.  I have decided to make it again, and this time, I've made one GF and one ordinary tart so that we can all have one.  I did very well, making sure everything for the GF tart was done first, then made the ordinary one, then however I did something very silly, I scraped the bowl out.  Not so terrible I hear you cry, well ordinarily no I would agree, however it was the bowl containing the ordinary mixture which I ate!  I realised quite quickly how silly I'd been and am now hoping I'm not too badly glutened and I don't regret it all evening!

The recipe I used is from Doves farm:

http://www.dovesfarm.co.uk/recipes/bakewell-tart/

Pastry Ingredients:

                               100g GF plain flour

                               50g butter

                               3 tbs water

Pastry Method:

                               Rub the butter and flour between your fingers until it looks like breadcrumbs (best to take off all of your rings when doing this)
    
                               Add the water and, using a knife, bring the mixture into it, once it starts to combine you can use your hands again, however do not overwork as it's nice when the pastry is short rather than tough, you need your dough ball to be quite sticky.

                               Wrap in Clingfilm and place in the fridge for 15 mins

                               Pre-heat the oven to gas 4

                               Grease your tin

                               Flour your surface and roll out your pastry and put it in your tin, trim your edges



Filling Ingredients:

                               2-3 tbs seedless raspberry jam

                                2 eggs

                                50g caster sugar

                                25g GF plain flour

                               50g ground almonds

                               Flaked almonds

Filling Method:

                               Spoon your jam onto your pastry case and spread out so you have an even layer.

                               Crack the eggs into a bowl, add your caster sugar and beat until light and fluffy.

                              Add the ground almonds and GF flour and mix.

                             Spoon over the jam.

                             Sprinkle with flaked almonds.

                            Cook for 30 mins or until golden brown.



We love to eat ours with hot custard, enjoy :)

Lupin Girl x


No comments:

Post a Comment