Sunday 22 March 2015

Slow Roast Pork

I've had an amazingly relaxing weekend, and what better way to say thank you to my wonderful husband than by cooking him his favourite roast, I think it's the kids favourite too. 

Until I worked out how to make crackling and pork so tender it fell off of the bone, I didn't really like pork, and now I do know how to make it perfectly it doesn't seem to agree with me, I can only tolerate a taste, and even then I get a dull ache in my stomach, so I mainly have the garlicky roast potatoes and the amazingly huge and fluffy Yorkshire puddings with the vegetables.

Here's how you cook it.

Ingredients:

                   Pork approximately 2kg

                   Potatoes approximately 1 medium potato each

                   Vegetables

                   Garlic powder

For the Yorkshire puddings, use the second recipe from here, I double it to make extras:
http://ow.ly/KEqgg

Method:

             Pre-heat your oven on gas mark 8.

             Rub salt into the skin of your pork and place onto an oven tray.

            Put the pork into the oven and turn down to gas mark 4.

            Leave for about 4 hours.

            After your pork has been in for 4 hours, boil your potatoes for 15 minutes, drain in a colander and rough the edges up by swirling them around.

            Take the pork out of the oven to rest, turn the oven up to gas 7 and put your potatoes into the pork fat, sprinkle with garlic powder, and put in the oven for about 20 minutes.



            Make up your Yorkshire pudding batter.

           After your potatoes have been in for 20 minutes, put a muffin tray which has oil in each muffin hole into the oven for about 5-10 minutes to get hot, then spoon in two soup spoons of your batter into each muffin hole and put back into the oven for 15 minutes.



           Cook your vegetables.

           Make gravy if having, and enjoy.

I hope you enjoy it as much as my lot do, we were supposed to be having pulled pork rolls for dinner tomorrow, but there isn't enough pork left for everyone lol.

Lupin Girl x



No comments:

Post a Comment