Saturday 28 March 2015

Homemade Fish and Chips

Last night I made fish and chips, proper battered fish and chip type fish and chips, and they were amazing, and I made a battered sausage for my daughter who doesn't like fish, we had them with my homemade ketchup and my husband asked if they could go onto the planner for every Friday instead of every four weeks!

I've never really done fresh fish, I'm always a bit scared of the bones, but I decided to be brave and ordered some cod fillets. 



I still haven't gotten around to buying a deep fat fryer yet and so I used my pan with Trex in, and it worked just fine, just be sure to stay with the pan the whole time.

Ingredients:

               Gluten free flour

               Water

               Potatoes

               Cod fillets

               Sausages

Method:

              Put 1 cup of gluten free flour into a bowl, add enough water to make a thickish batter, you don't want it too thick, but it needs to be able to stick to the cod.

              Heat up the Trex.

              Cut the potatoes, leave the skin on, into wedges.

             Fry the chips in batches, they take about 5 minutes, then keep warm in the oven until you're done.

             Dip your sausages if you're doing, into the batter, then fry in the oil, I used frozen sausages and fried them for about 7 minutes, then put them in the oven to keep warm.



             Dip one piece of cod into the batter and fry until the batter is golden, this took about 5 minutes or so, keep warm in the oven until you have fried all of your fish.






 I served the dinner with peas or beans, depending upon personal preference of my family member!



Like I say it was soooo good my husband wants it to go onto the meal planner weekly, that won't be happening lol as one of the weeks is sweet and sour chicken balls, my personal favourite, but I may be tempted to surprise him now and then, if he's been good!



Lupin Girl x

            

2 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely delicious! I do love fish and chips. :)
    Lishia
    myrainydayreads15.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. +Alisha Trost, thank you for your kind words, it is rather yummy!

      Delete