Monday 23 March 2015

Avocado and Poached egg on Toast with Nibbly Nuts

One of my new favourite lunches is avocado on toast with one, sometimes two poached eggs on toast.  I don't know why I have never tried this before, but it is amazing, to follow I have a pot of mixed nuts, raisins and apricots.

Ingredients:

                One or two eggs

                Saucepan of boiling water

               1/2 ripe avocado

               2 slices of gluten free bread

               4 dried apricots either whole or chopped into pieces

               A small handful of raisins or sultanas

               A few almonds, cashew, pistachio nuts (My husband likes walnuts as well, but I'm not keen on those)


Method:

              Chop apricots if you want small pieces or just put them whole into a pot/bowl, add a small handful of each nut you are having then add the raisins/sultanas and give a little mix.



              Boil a saucepan of water, when it's boiling stir vigorously to make a whirlpool, then drop your egg into the water and turn the heat right down.

              Pop your bread into a toaster

              Split your ripe avocado in half, put the half with the stone still in back into a bag and into the fridge for another time, and spread the soft green flesh of the half without a stone over your toast (discard the skin).

             Use a slotted spoon to remove your poached egg and put it onto your avocado toast.
   


             If you're having two poached eggs, you can either now cook a second one in the same way as the first, or if you're not fussy about how they look you can cook two at the same time.  I find that by the time my toast has popped and I've spread the avocado onto it my egg has cooked, I like the yolk to still be runny.

Avocados are said to be very nutritious, it is high in healthy fats and provides you with many of your daily vitamins.

Enjoy,

Lupin Girl x

         


No comments:

Post a Comment