Friday 20 March 2015

Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Soya Free Spiced Moist Apple Cake Pudding

I have made savoury dishes all week, and as it's Friday I wanted to treat us all.  However I still wanted to try and stick to the sugar free idea and so decided to modify an old recipe I have written down for a spiced apple cake. 

It turned out really well, it's more like bread pudding in consistency, but it always was a dense cake here's what I did:

Ingredients:

                  330g grated apples (about 4)

                  120g soft butter

                  165g honey or maple syrup (I used maple syrup)

                  1 egg

                  300g gluten free self raising flour

                  1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

                  1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or the seeds from one pod.



                 
Method:

                 Mix your butter, egg, vanilla and maple syrup together.

                 Fold in the grated apples.

                 Mix the flour and cinnamon together.

                 Fold the flour mix into your cake mix.

                 Pour into a greased 7inch square cake tin. (I used a pyrex)

                 Bake at gas mark 4/180C/350F for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.

Enjoy, this is definitely a mixture between a cake and a pudding, and was loved by everyone in the family :)

Lupin Girl x


No comments:

Post a Comment