Wednesday 4 March 2015

Chicken Kievs and learning to keep quiet!

Well, it looks like I jinxed myself with that post yesterday!

Whilst driving my son to the club he's volunteering at I noticed I wasn't seeing properly.  Luckily we were literally around the corner from the village hall and so I could get us there safely.  Also luckily we had some squash with us so that I could take my medicines, Maxalt, Solpodol and Migramax, and we were safely in a car park so I could sit and wait for my vision to clear before driving again.  



We eventually got home, after stopping for a drive-thru McDonalds to get our dinner, and after eating I went to bed.  (Hubby went back out to pick C up)  I struggled to drift off to sleep and got really thirsty, hubby bought me up a pint of orange and mango squash and then I did manage to go off to sleep, until, around 2.45am B had a nightmare!  I slept, on and off, for the rest of the night in her bed with her.

Today, I'm feeling rough, my right arm feels a bit numb, as does the right hand side of my face, and my head is still sore, I can't turn quickly and when I walk I feel each step in my head, but I've got to go to work today, as I ended up being half hour late yesterday as I had to pick C up (who, by the way is thankfully feeling much better today, just tired) and, as it's Wednesday, I help out in the local primary school in the afternoon, it's a lot of fun and I don't want to miss it or let anyone down.  So I'll be dosing up and getting stuck in later on, well as long as I don't get a phone call to go and collect R, who was complaining on and off of stomach ache this morning, he's had Calpol and gone in, so fingers crossed he's ok!

For dinner tonight, we're having home made Chicken Kievs, here's the recipe:

                      1 chicken breast per person
                      Butter with garlic and herbs mixed in
                      Gluten free flour
                      2 Eggs (beaten)
                     Gluten free bread, turned into breadcrumbs



Method:

             Carefully, using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the chicken breasts.
          


             Place some of your garlicky, herby butter, (I melted some butter, added the garlic and herbs, then refrigerated in a pot to make it easier to get into the pockets) into each pocket.



             Coat the chicken breasts in gluten free flour.

             Dip chicken breasts into beaten egg.




            Coat the chicken breasts in your gluten free breadcrumbs.



           In a frying pan, brown off the chicken breasts on each side, so that they're lovely and golden.



           Put your chicken Kievs onto an oven proof tray and cook for 30-45 mins on gas mark 6.

           Place some potatoes into a pan of boiling water, and cook your vegetables of choice, we're going to have sweetcorn and peas.



I was a little disappointed that the garlicky butter had escaped from most of the kievs, but then that happens with the shop bought ones as well. The chicken was lovely and tender and the children loved them. So happy as they have asked for them to go on the meal planner, YEY! 

The original recipe was from the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chickenkievs_86309

Hopefully everyone will enjoy these as I haven't had a chicken Kiev for a long time and used to really like them, I would love for them to go onto our meal planner.

Keep well,

Lupin Girl x


No comments:

Post a Comment