Monday 9 March 2015

Lazy Monday? No Chance!

Today I have had to catch up on everything I didn't do from Friday onwards due to those horrific migraines.  If I'm being totally honest with myself, I'm not feeling great today.  I've had a pain in the same place in my head, kind of behind my left eye, but further back, and almost dead centre of my brain, I guess if you drilled through my cheekbone about an index finger depth you'd hit the spot.  Ibuprofen has taken the edge off of it, but I hope it's not another warning of more migraines to come. 

Anyway, it's been an exciting morning!  I've made sure all 4 children have left for school, or been taken to school, with all of the correct items (well I've not had a phone call to say they've forgotten anything, so I'm counting that as a win) all with a packed lunch, R and L have even taken in a homemade jam pie-let which I made from some of the ridiculously crumbly pastry I had left over after making the bacon bites and fruit pie yesterday:

http://lupingirl.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/gluten-free-pastry-red-onion-and-bacon.html

I've hovered downstairs, emptied and re-loaded the dishwasher, emptied and washed the kitchen bin as there was bin juice sloshing around in the bottom, which I discovered when I took the bag out.  Which meant there was then a trail on yuk from the bin to the back door, and so I've had to steam mop as well.  I've given the computer desk and side tables a tidy and clean, and sorted the washing out (it just needs taking upstairs and putting away now)  The second load of towels are in the washing machine, and I'd just collapsed on the sofa with a cup of coffee with chocolate syrup in, mmm, before I realised that I was supposed to be putting the chicken in the slow cooker for dinner tonight (as we ate more than enough at my Mother-in-law's yesterday we didn't have the roast, and so we're having Monday Roast instead)



Monday roasts, using the slow cooker are actually an nice easy school night dinner, I've put the chicken in whole, with a little oil drizzled over the top, and then sprinkled some garlic powder and mixed herbs over the chicken, lid on, then I cook on high for about an hour, then turn down to low for about 4-5 hours, then just have it on keep warm until it's needed (if I remember to switch the dial, it has been left on for around 6+ hours before and been perfectly fine)  I will boil my potatoes for about 10 minutes at about 3pm and then put them in the oven to roast, and do my Yorkshire puddings, using the second recipe in this link when we're almost ready to eat as they only take about 15 minutes in the oven:

http://lupingirl.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/yorkshire-pudding-review.html

 I'll serve with green beans, sweetcorn, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, and of course gravy, I think I'll try the gravy from FreeGo as we haven't had that yet, you can order from here:

http://lupingirl.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/freego_25.html

Please keep everything crossed that my headache doesn't transform into a migraine.

Take Care,

Lupin girl x

No comments:

Post a Comment