Monday 6 April 2015

Fun, Family and Friends

I have had a brilliant Easter.

Yesterday the children let us have a bit of a lay in, then we came downstairs and they had their indoor egg/book hunt, I had hid the elder children's eggs/book in slightly harder places this year and it did take them a little while to find them, which was good, then, as is traditional on Easter, they had chocolate for breakfast! (B and L had asked for a book which they had gotten signed by Cathy Cassidy as their Easter present this year, R had an Easter egg and some Toffifee and C had money)  We then had a lazy morning with J's Mum just catching up as we hadn't seen her for a couple of weeks.

I then had to make some gluten free Yorkshire puddings to take to my Mum and Dad's as we were having Easter dinner at theirs, we also took our gravy, my oat biscuits and B's chocolate chip cookies with us.

Dinner was delicious, roast lamb and chicken with roasted new potatoes, mashed up carrots, swede and parsnip and cabbage, so yummy, and R wanted more cabbage so I might have to cook that more often here.

We then had a game of New Market for Granddad's pennies, Aunty S won and then we all watched Transformers.  Unfortunately I ate some After Eight's (soya/gluten free) but there is definitely something in chocolate which doesn't agree with me and I ended up with stomach ache and feeling quite poorly, I had one antihistamine there, and then because I was still feeling pretty rough when we got home I had another one, after about 20 minutes of taking that one I started to feel a lot better, I don't think I'll bother with chocolate any more, and after last night, I don't think I'll miss it either.

We had said we'd do something with our close friends today, and unusually for a bank holiday, it was sunny and warm!  We decided to make the most of it and went to Irchester Country Park with them for a picnic, we didn't meet until about 12.50pm though as we'd all had a lazy morning.  We decided to go and eat our picnic before having a walk as some of us hadn't eaten breakfast, so we found a lovely spot with space for the children to play football and Frisbee and settled down to have our lunch, I had taken a bottle of wine to share and it was lovely to sit there and eat, drink and watch all of our children have a great time outside with no electrical devices in sight, they had loads of fun, although R did manage to fall into nettles twice! and has a lovely lot of stings up his arm, now normally I carry antihistamine with me in tablet and cream form, but I'd swapped bags and so didn't have the cream, and had taken the last antihistamine last night!  He managed by rubbing the stings on the soft underside of his fleece, and then was happy to carry on playing. 

We spent all afternoon sitting in the sun, and never did go on our walk!

Then we came home and I made chicken Kiev's:

http://ow.ly/LgkuR

with sweet potato wedges, peas and sweetcorn, it was a very late dinner for us, about 6.40pm, but we all demolished it, we've had a lazy evening and now the children have all gone up to bed, ready to do it all again tomorrow with Nanny, Granddad and Aunty S as we're going to Sywell Country Park for a walk.

Lupin Girl x

No comments:

Post a Comment