Tuesday 7 April 2015

Picnics

The last two days have been lovely, and we've been on two picnics. Yesterday with friends to Irchester and today with family to Sywell. 



I think I take a fairly ordinary picnic, but was told it was posh. What do you think?

I usually pack sandwiches for everyone (everyone gets their own so we get the right bread and filling) today C and B wanted sausage rolls instead of sandwiches, then a packet of crisps, salad, potato salad, coleslaw, chocolate bars if it isn't too hot, cake bars if it is, then I took strawberries and meringues and B put in a tub of grapes. I did also take the last two hot cross buns to get them eaten up, but they came back home with us. Yesterday was unusual as I took a bottle of wine to share, usually its a flask of coffee or we share the kids squash. 

I did make my own potato salad by boiling some new potatoes then letting them go cold before putting a tablespoon of mayonnaise over and mixing. I still haven't gotten around to making my own mayonnaise yet, but I will. 

What do you all take on a picnic?



Lupin Girl 


No comments:

Post a Comment