Thursday 30 July 2015

Herby, Sugar Free Bread

After last weeks failure! I thought I'd go back to the Doves Farm recipe. I remember I used to make a herby bread in the days where I ate gluten and wanted to try making a gluten free version. I also wondered if it was possible to make a loaf using honey instead of sugar.

Follow the Doves Farm Recipe but switch out the sugar for 2 tablespoons of honey and add 2 tablespoons of dried mixed herbs, I also added a heaped teaspoon of xanthan gum powder to the recipe. 


I'm not sure why this loaf hansn't mixed properly, but it may be because I didn't open the machine up and scrape the mixture down with a spatula as directed on the flour packet so will do that next time!

 
When I sliced open the loaf, it was mixed properly on the inside, and the herbs were spread evenly throughout.
 
 
 
It tasted just like I remembered it tasting and the honey hadn't done anything weird to it, you couldn't taste it so I may bake bread using honey in future.
 
This is definitely a loaf I will be making again!

Lupin Girl x 


No comments:

Post a Comment