Thursday 16 July 2015

Bread Machine

So, I've toyed with the idea of getting another bread machine for a while and when Aldi had them in, with a gluten free setting I thought I'd get one and give it a go. 



Here's my first attempt. 


It was lovely, although I think next time I might add a teaspoon of xanthan gum powder to the recipe as it was a bit crumbly, but R was so happy to have proper sized sandwiches again!



I used the machine recipe off of the Doves Farm White Bread flour blend packet. 

Medium loaf Recipe:

           12oz/310g Milk

           1 teaspoon Vinegar

           6 tablespoons Oil

           2 Eggs

          16oz/450g GF Bread Flour

          1 teaspoon Salt

          2 tablespoons Sugar

          2 teaspoons Yeast

Method: 

          Mix the milk, eggs, oil and vinegar in a bowl, then pour into your bread maker. 

         Put the flour over the top of the liquid so that it is covering it all. 

        Add the yeast, sugar and salt in separate corners. 

The packet says to use the normal setting on the bread maker, I used the gluten free setting and it was fine. 

I'm going to try the recipe from the bread machine book next so I'll let you know how that goes. 

Lupin Girl x 



No comments:

Post a Comment