Sunday 9 August 2015

Weekend Catch Up 7&8th August 2015

After a long and hard week at work I have enjoyed having a lovely relaxing weekend. The weather has been lovely and I spent most of Saturday in the garden, finally getting to finish the prequel to Maze Runner which I stared before the children broke up from school. I read this series on B's recommendation and I enjoyed reading them with one of these lovely concoctions I whipped up in the kitchen. 



 Today, Sunday, I had a lovely lay-in, before tackling all of the junk and kids belongings which had settled itself all over my downstairs. this done I managed to hoover and the downstairs isn't looking quite so bad as it was. I scrubbed the bathroom and sorted out the kitchen, but then decided to start reading a book which I'm going to review for a friend whom I met whilst studying for Creative Writing level 2 a couple of years ago, I'm about half way through and loving every minute, I won't go into any further details here as I'll save it for my review. 

 We had a lovely roast chicken, with smoked Isle of Wight garlic roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings in the garden which was really nice as what with camping we've not had a roast for a couple of weeks. 

I know a lot of you out there juggle full time work and raising a family and I've always admired you, but it's going to take me a while to adjust (if I get the full time position that is!) 

I'm heading off to bed now as I'm still shattered! 

 Lupin Girl x


No comments:

Post a Comment