Friday 29 May 2015

Avocado Chocolate Mousse

I've seen recipes for chocolate mousse (it was nearly a chocolate mouse lol) made with avocado to make them dairy free floating about for quite a while now. So when Amanda Bootes letsgetfoodiechallenge week 2 came through with the challenge of making something using a green ingredient I thought I'd give it a go!



I ended up playing with the recipe I found this is what I used:

          1 ripe avocado

         1/2 cup cocoa powder

         1cup of water

         10 dates

         2tablespooms golden syrup

         Half vanilla pod

Method:

            Put it all in your blender and blitz until smooth. 



            Place into serving dished and refrigerate until needed. 



That's it, pretty quick easy and healthy. 

Only trouble is. The kids don't like it. 

It tasted really chocolatey to begin with, then you taste the avocado. 

I thought it was alright. I think it'll make a brilliant chocolate cheesecake which is what I might do with it. Do you think it'll mix with mascarpone cheese?

Lupin Girl x

I have linked this post to #freefromfridays

 
        


2 comments:

  1. This is so uncanny - I made one like this except that it had banana and cacao powder in it. If your kids like banana, I'd add some one that to your existing recipe maybe? For us the cacao was so so bitter and the bananas was too much but the one I used was huge and over ripe. Very dodgy looking photo is made too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. +InternationalElfService that made me chuckle, I'm not sure they'd like the banana one much more. I did turn it into a cheesecake which went down a bit better!
    Lupin Girl x

    ReplyDelete