Tuesday 3 February 2015

Mystery reaction

Looks like I'll be off to the Dr's in the morning with R as he's had a reaction to some GF cheese crackers I bought for him.  He started grabbing at his throat and I thought one of the crackers had scratched on the way down and gave home his drink. He said it still hurt so I gave him Piriton.  Then he came out all blotchy on his face and neck. His throat stopped hurting after about 15mins and his blotchiness went away a bit later on, he's now curled up next to me on the sofa (9.45pm) so I can keep an eye on him, but all seems fine.  He's got no known allergies other than possibly wheat, which isn't in these, the allergies mentioned are milk and egg, both of which, up until now, he's been fine with?  It was definitely a quick reaction to something though.  I've got the box with the ingredients on, and the box for the new pie we had (Genius GF Chicken Pie) (only allergen mentioned is egg) and the new GF ice-cream cornets that he tried out too (soya and it says it's not suitable for people who are allergic to nuts or sesame).

That was definitely a worrying evening!





No comments:

Post a Comment