Wednesday 25 June 2014

Gluten and wheat free diet

Today I had my long awaited dietician appointment. 

After she looked through my food diaries we concluded that the best course of action was to go gluten and wheat free for about six weeks to see if that sorts me out.  She doesn't think I need to exclude every trace of gluten/wheat as I can eat a little without getting any symptoms, so she just wants me to exclude the bulk of it, bread, pasta, cereals, cakes etc. 

So this afternoon I've been to Tesco and bought wheat and gluten free pasta, flour, lasagne sheets, spaghetti, chicken nuggets and "breaded" chicken.  So I guess we'll see how it goes.  I'm off out for dinner on Saturday to celebrate our seventeenth wedding anniversary so along with avoiding soya and lupin I'll now have to cross reference those along with the gluten free menu. 

I'll keep you updated with how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment