Tuesday 20 May 2014

Chocolate brownies

Here's our favourite chocolate brownie recipe. It's nut and soya free. I Googled chocolate brownies without using chocolate years ago and this is the one I chose. I don't know where I got it from and I've changed it slightly as it uses a lot of sugar.

Makes approximately 30 shallow brownies or 16 deep ones. I use an 8 inch square pyrex ti cook them in.

225g melted butter
4 eggs
300g caster sugar
60g cocoa powder
225g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Mix it all up with blender and cook at gas mark 4 for about 25 minutes.

I have made these with only 2 eggs and they still worked,  they were stickier in the middle and made a lovely hot pudding with ice cream.

Less cocoa makes them less chocolaty.

You could add nuts or chocolate chips if you wanted to.



No comments:

Post a Comment